- Published on Saturday, 04 March 2017 22:55
- Hits: 65
Florals, flowers, and finally green everywhere . . . spring is a season of everything fresh and bright! As the beautiful quote perfectly says:
And to celebrate this season of both sunshine and rain, we’ve collected our spring favorites. Today, we’d like to share with you what we think the perfect spring-inspired music and skating dress would be!
Music: “Spring” by Vivaldi (click here to watch Julia Fischer play this lovely classic!)
Dress: our sketch (inspired by the designs of LK Bennett)
Only 16 days until spring!
- Published on Friday, 23 December 2016 21:35
- Hits: 142
- Published on Monday, 21 November 2016 16:36
- Hits: 124
- Published on Wednesday, 03 August 2016 19:09
- Hits: 346
Imagine: You dip underneath the aqua surface of the ocean into the royal blue depths with your hair flowing and your glistening tail gliding through the water.
If you’ve read The Tail of Emily Windsnap, then you surely have dreamed about the living a mermaid’s life. Today, you can live (and swim) like a mermaid.
Perhaps you’ve heard about the phenomenon called mermaid fitness. With a tail and a fin, your transformation into a mermaid is complete! Bonus: You get to become a mermaid without the awkwardness Emily Windsnap went through when she stepped into the water!
Another bonus: You will get a fantastic workout! Swimming with a mermaid tail forces your body to adapt to a new movement pattern. It also utilizes your whole body—your upper and lower body, your glutes, and especially your core. It is a great way to get someone in the water who doesn't like swimming. Swimming with a mermaid tail is also super fun!
Here’s what you need to know:
You can buy a mermaid tail and fin from places like Fin Fun. You put the tail on over your swimming suit and then you slip your feet into the fin (just like you would with flippers). Then you pull the tail over the fin and you’re ready to go! There are lots of gorgeous and shimmery color options with iridescence! Check out finfunmermaid.com.
If you aren’t a strong swimmer, you’ll probably want to wear a flotation belt, too. This makes sure you can safely have a fun time!
Check out this video of swimming with mermaid tails:
With a mermaid tail and fin, you can swim like a mermaid—and get a fantastic workout at the same time! And maybe, just like Emily Windsnap, you’ll discover you are a mermaid, too!
- Published on Friday, 22 July 2016 23:30
- Hits: 331
Wouldn't this color make a fantastic skating dress?
Spinning around ! Mao Asada of Japan competes during the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2016 #FigureSkating #FigureSkater #Skater #Skating #IceSkating #IceRink #rink #ice #sports #sport #fit #fun #fans #action #Figure #FigureSkating #skates #iceskates #SportPhotography #potd #motivation #passion #Asada #MaoAsada
- Published on Friday, 15 July 2016 15:02
- Hits: 305
- Published on Friday, 08 July 2016 02:06
- Hits: 400
Have you ever heard of whipped honey? Its velvety, thick, and creamy texture is enjoyable right off the spoon. But today is World Chocolate Day and we knew of a perfect recipe to share. It combines unsweetened chocolate’s tartness with the whipped honey’s sweetness, tang, and texture. You’ll love it!
Your body will love it, too—chocolate’s flavonols (a type of flavonoid and antioxidant) effect your vascular health, help remove environmental toxins, and help your body repair itself. Unsweetened chocolate has zero grams of sugar as well! Honey adds the sweetness to this recipe, but also contains many antioxidants and enzymes. This chocolate and honey pairing is fantastic for your taste buds and the rest of your body!
- 3 oz. of unsweetened chocolate baking squares (100% cacao)
- ¼ cup of whipped (creamed) honey (We used Breitsamer Honig Rapsflower Blossom Raw Honey)
- a drop of peppermint extract (optional)
- a chocolate candy mold
- Chop the chocolate into square size pieces and place in a microwaveable-safe bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until you can stir the solid chocolate completely into the melted chocolate.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into the chocolate mold and use your spoon to brush the chocolate up onto the sides. (Do not fill the molds completely, just coat the inside of the mold to make a shell—make sure you leave room for filling and a top layer of chocolate).
- Refrigerate the chocolate in the mold until hardened.
- If you are flavoring your honey with peppermint, pour a drop onto a spoon and mix into your honey. Taste and add more as needed. We preferred a main flavor of honey with an accent of mint. If you would like it very minty, feel free to add more peppermint extract. (Different peppermint extracts will be stronger and your taste testing is the best way to get the flavors spot on!)
- Remove your chocolate mold from the refrigerator and place a dollop of honey in the center of each hardened chocolate shell.
- Refrigerate for just a few minutes so the honey can firm up.
- Top the chocolate shell and honey dollop with more of the melted chocolate so the honey is completely covered. Once inverted this layer forms the base of the chocolates.
- Refrigerate the chocolate mold until the chocolate is hardened. Remove just before serving and pop the chocolates out of the mold.
Makes 10 chocolates. Recipe adapted from National Honey Board.
Did you find that you BEE-came crazy for these chocolates? Let us know how they turned out for you!
- Published on Monday, 04 July 2016 19:49
- Hits: 479
What goes better with the Fourth of July than fireworks, red, white and blue, and fruit pizza? The sweet crust topped with smooth cream cheese and bright berries can even steal the show from the fireworks! After the Fourth, try using any fresh fruit in season from your farmers’ market! It will make a splash at your summer gatherings!
Ordinarily, a fruit pizza crust is made of sugar cookie. Our healthy version uses bagels instead. Though delicious, the traditional sugar cookie crust includes 27 times more sugar than bagels, 18 times more fat, and more calories and carbohydrates. In our version of the recipe, bagels replace the sugar cookie. It still tastes like beloved fruit pizza, with lower calories, sugar, and fat, but two grams more of protein!
|Crust Type||1 Bagel (2 halves)||Sugar Cookie Mix (1/8 of a Fruit Pizza)|
160-165 (Depending on the flavor)
|Fat||1 g||18 g|
|Carbohydrates||34 g||49 g|
|Sugar||1 g||27 g|
|Protein||6 g||4 g|
- Bagels: Blueberry, Honey Oat, or your favorite flavors! (We suggest using freshly baked bagels if possible instead of pre-packaged bagels from the grocery store. The quality of fresh bagels truly helps this healthy version taste so delicious.)
- Cream Cheese (We used Arla Light Cream Cheese Spread. Though its nutrition facts are quite similar to other cream cheeses, Arla is simply buttermilk, cream, salt and cheese culture; it has no added hormones, artificial flavors, or preservatives!)
(Cherries, peaches and plums are great, too—we chose our berries because they are red, white, and blue!)
- Slice the bagels horizontally into halves and toast them (this prevents them from becoming soggy).
- Spread about a tablespoon of cream cheese on each half.
- Wash the strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Place them on top of the cream cheese. You should have enough berries to nearly cover the cream cheese surface (see photos). We used one strawberry, three raspberries, and nine blueberries per bagel half.
Send us a photo of the Fit Fruit Pizzas you make!
- Fear in Figure Skating
- New Material Improves Protection Provided by Sports Pads
- Coming Soon . . .
- St. Patrick's Day
- Snow Day
- Happy Holidays
- Giving Back on Boxing Day
- UK Distributor: Skate-Safe.co.uk
- I'm Dreaming of an "Ice" Christmas
- Warm Hearts
- Peace and Prayers for Paris
- Apple Cider and Autumn's Antioxidants
- Colorado Springs Invitational Giveaway!
- National Tell a Joke Day
- Training on Your Travels
- Summer Inventory Times
- The Pads that Protect are Now Protected
- “Chococonut” Almond Bars (Healthy Chocolates Recipe)
- LiveKühn® + Sorbothane® = Quality for Our Customers
- Fashionably Bold
- Valentine's Day!
- Happy World Snow Day!
- LiveKühn® at U.S. Nationals
- LiveKühn® Products Now Available at the Stable
- Be Bold in 2015
- Fresh on Tumblr
- Christmas Spirit
- Fall = crisp outdoor air + brisk ice rink air
- Balance: School and Sports
- Which PeacePad™?